My mission is simple: To inspire those who inspire others. Powered by nearly three decades of experiences in law enforcement, mental health, military operations, corporate training and elite performance coaching, helping others build and maintain success is my passion.
01. Crisis Consultant
Brendan King is the founder and CEO of Crisis Consultant Group—one of the most widely respected forces in de-escalation and conflict resolution, with a global reach of nearly 400,000. Leading the crisis prevention training industry for nearly 20 years, CCG is dedicated to making the world a safer place by empowering everyday people with extraordinary strategies.
As someone who’s experienced intensive personal challenges firsthand and overcome numerous obstacles with the aid of people who cared, Brendan King is passionate about restoring the drive, confidence, and clarity of everyday heroes. Brendan helps others discover their purpose, overcome burnout, and reconnect with how needed they are to those around them.
03. Speaker & SME
A leading voice in crisis prevention and the protagonist of his own classic comeback story, Brendan King is a passionate speaker and an engaging storyteller. Known for his unique ability to connect with any audience on a deeply personal, human level, Mr. King is a dynamic personality and a formidable resource on mitigating conflict and promoting workplace safety, while helping engage even the most disheartened of workforces.
The Numbers Don’t Lie
Through his work as founder and CEO of Crisis Consultant Group, Brendan King has helped to train nearly 400,000 individuals across all industries. He’s worked with groups ranging from small local clients to large corporations across the United States and internationally.
Example Client Results:
Decrease in Mechanical Restraints
decrease in Employee Injuries
Decrease in Seclusions
Decrease in Patient Incidents Overall
Brendan L. King
“Inspiring those that inspire others“
Brendan L. King
Brendan King is a dynamic speaker, entrepreneur, 2X Amazon best-selling author, veteran, and one of today’s most respected voices in conflict resolution and crisis prevention.
The protagonist of his own comeback story, Mr. King began his journey as a high school dropout struggling with addiction, depression, and juvenile crime. After surviving a suicide attempt at 17, Mr. King’s eyes opened to the severity of his circumstances. With the help of police, his family, and a 12-step program, he sobered up and began to take his life back.
However, building a future with such a complex past didn’t come easily. After working with at-risk youth at a drug treatment and mental health facility for 8 years, Mr. King dreamed of a career in law enforcement—but due to the decisions he’d made as a teenager, all seven departments he applied to turned him down. Hoping to add some positive weight to his record, Mr. King joined the Marine Corps. In 2003, he was deployed to Iraq.
While serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, Mr. King brainstormed his post-military career. Upon returning home, he launched Crisis Consultant Group (CCG)—an organization specializing in workplace violence prevention and de-escalation training. At around the same time, he was offered a Deputy Sheriff position in his hometown. From there, Mr. King went on to earn several achievement awards, become a Sheepdog, gain experience in corrections, patrol, and SERT, and hold entry and sniper positions, all while continuing to grow CCG.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
As the founder and CEO of CCG, Mr. King has spent over two decades working to make the world a safer place. His expertise in workplace violence prevention has empowered more than 380,000 individuals across all industries across the United States and internationally to think more critically about crisis prevention and de-escalation.
As a natural followup to his work with CCG, Mr. King launched his second company, Entrehow, which focuses on providing education and coaching for law enforcement professionals who want to take their training beyond the beat to launch their own businesses.
Continually driven to impact others, Mr. King has grown his third separate-but-related organization, RISE, LLC, at a blinding pace. An acronym for Ruthless Integrity & Simple Execution, RISE is dedicated to helping everyday people overcome burnout, regain their clarity and motivation, and connect the dots between the lives they have and the lives they want to be living.
As a speaker, Mr. King is often requested for keynote addresses, custom courses, online interviews, and staged events. Especially passionate about speaking to other service-minded individuals, he’s known for his unique ability to engage and inspire large or even resistant audiences with his high-energy stories and riveting reminders that we all possess the ability to learn, transform, and overcome.
A sought-after resource for global Fortune 500 companies, federal, state, and local governments, and small-to-midsize businesses alike, Mr. King has been featured by such esteemed media outlets as Washington Post, CBS News, NPR, and many others. His diverse life experiences and professional education in fields including mental health, criminal justice, probation, corrections, law enforcement, entrepreneurship, and military combat truly make him a speaker like no other.
Learn How. Know When.
Leading the industry in safe, effective, and realistic workplace violence, de-escalation and crisis prevention training.
- Impacted over 360,000 individuals globally
- Proven to reduce crisis events, workplace violence, and injuries
- Customized training for each client’s needs
When It’s Time to Leave the Uniform Behind.
Helping veterans and law enforcement professionals launch their own businesses.
- Sheepdog to CEO in less than 90 days
- Build your own business utilizing the experience and skills learned wearing the badge
Have All That Matters
Building a life that matters to ourselves and those most important to us.
- Get clear about what you REALLY want out of life
- Learn the behaviors that can take you from Point A to Point B
- Live the inspired, connected life you were meant to live
Brendan L. King
“Learn How. Know When.“
Law Enforcement Experience and Certifications:
- Master Deputy Sheriff, Patrol Division, FCSO
- Sheriffs Emergency Response Team (SERT) -Entry, Team Sniper, VA
- SERT – Tactical Team Training Coordinator, VA
- Combat Pistol Certification Course, Central Shenandoah CJTA
- SWAT Sniper Certification, Fairfax County Police Department, VA
- 12 GA Door Breaching Instructor, Singleton International
- Live-Fire, Dynamic Clearing Techniques, Singleton International
- Hostage Rescue and Drug Raids Certification, Singleton Intl.
- Specialty Impact, Distraction, and Chemical Munitions Certification
- M26 Advanced TASER® & TASER X26 Certification
- Field Training Officer Certification, DCJS VA
- Defensive Tactics Instructor Certification, DCJS VA
- Clandestine Methamphetamine Labs-1st Responder, DEA
- Street Gang Investigations Certification, DCJS VA
- Court Services Officer, Fauquier County ACS, DCJS VA.
- NCIC/VCIN Certified User
- Prior Licensed Private Investigator, VA ID# 99-131299
- Compliance Agent, DCJS, VA
- Bail Enforcement Agent, TruthSeekers, LLP.
- Loss Prevention Agent, Jamesway Corporation
Mental Health Training, Certifications, and Experience:
- Over 11 years Combined Work and Volunteer participation in Mental Health/Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Field with Adolescents and Adults–Direct Care and Supervisory roles
- Certified SA Abuse / MH Crisis Team Member, CADRE, Va.
- Facility Instructor/Trainer, Comprehensive Crisis Management
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention Institute
- Prior Certification in Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Prior Certification in Medication Management for Residential Settings
- Distinguished Service Award, March 2004, Vanguard Inc.
- Military Training and Experience:
Military Training and Experience:
- 1999-2007, Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, Reserves
Veteran- Served in Operation Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Iraq 2003 w/ the 4th Lt. Armored Reconnaissance Bttn.
- Graduated, USMC Recruit training, Parris Island, S.C.
- Graduated with Honors, Certified 0311, USMC School of Infantry, Camp Pendleton, CA.
- Graduated, Certified 0313, LAV Crewman Course, LAV School, Camp Pendleton, CA.
- Tan Belt Qualification, Marine Corps Martial Arts Program